Guest recipe post from Glen over at BPM Holistic Wellness…
“This is the product of being home alone on a Saturday night after bushwalking for 5-6 hours & craving some fat and chocolate for recovery/sanity. My partner & the kids went away for the weekend and this is what I came up with to satisfy my taste buds after my dinner.”
- It’s simple, it’s nut free, it’s dairy free, it’s gluten free, It’s guilt free & it’s certainly not fat free…
- It’s paleo, it’s primal, it’s keto it’s raw & it’s vegetarian with the option for vegans…
- It’s brown, it’s got bits, it’s eaten cold, it’s non judgmental & it passed the wife test when she got home….
Let me know if you make it and I would love to see any pics of your creations too, so please send them through.
Massive shout out goes to The Source Bulk Foods for stocking most of the ingredients to make this creation! Check them out for a store near you!
Gheelicious Raw Choc Bombs
30g Shredded or desiccated coconut
30g Cacao Butter
30g Coconut Oil
10 -15g Coconut sugar or raw honey to taste
1-2tsp Adelaide Paleo Organic Grass Fed Ghee
1-2tsp Raw Cacao powder (to taste)
1/2tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
1-2 Pinches of quality sea/rock salt
Please note: (Thermomix instructions in brackets)
- Blitz the dry coconut as fine as you can get it in a food processor (speed 9-10/10sec)
- Remove from food processor bowl (scrape down sides, leave in bowl)
- Melt cacao butter, coconut oil, ghee together in a small saucepan at very low temp whilst stirring to avoid burning (add everything into bowl and set for speed 1/4min/60 degrees. Scrape down sides after 4 mins and put back on for 3 mins with same settings, serve into small freezer safe molds once finished. Refer step 6&7).
- As the oils are melting, start to add in the sweetener slowly, then vanilla bean paste, cacao powder, blitzed dry coconut & finally the salt. Keep stirring and taste once all mixed through and a nice liquid consistency is formed. It won’t be smooth because the coconut adds a rough texture to it.
- Serve into small freezer safe molds once finished whilst spooning the thick coconut mixture evenly into each mold.
- Place straight into freezer for at least 20 mins before eating
- Serve straight from the freezer & store in freezer for future use.
Let me know how you go with these and send your pictures to me.